Sunday 14 August 2011

Bristol Bound

I was in Bristol this weekend and managed to catch some of the wonderful and colourful balloons from the Bristol Balloon Fiesta.  I would have taken photos but I'm currently still waiting to get a camera and have decided not to inflict my mobile phone photos on you any more!

I had never been to Bristol before, I had to Bath but not Bristol.  We stayed with a friend in Clifton and spent many a happy hour sampling the local pubs!

The view from the Avon Gorge Hotel bar was amazing and was the ideal place to sup a Saturday afternoon beer!

If you are going to Bristol over the next few weeks make sure you watch out for the Wow Gorillas, between the 6 July and the 7 September there are a number of colourful and lifesized gorillas that have been decorated by various artists There are 61! yes 61 gorillas in all to spot.  Very similar to the Elephants that were on show in London I think it was last year or the year before.

Anyway, however nice Bristol was it was lovely to come back to Greenwich - home sweet home!

No comments:

Post a Comment